Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 10: Motifs and postcards


Today I took a look at motifs. I took the square in a square and altered it to create a few different versions. The resulting composition, created onto a postcard, kind of looks like a robot face to me.
The original motif, the square in a square is actually the square at the bottom. In the original square in a square, there is a foreground and background. The 'background' is part of the background for the whole postcard, the block disappears and forms just a square.
I then added another border around the square in square and ended up with the image on the upper lefthand side. The raccoon eye. After that, I split up the border into line segements creating the final and third image on the upper right.
Metallic thread in a zig zag pattern helps to highlight the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment