Monday, August 6, 2012

August 2012 - A Month of Finishing Up

This is a month for finishing the work I began during October 2009 - dubbed Quiltober. During that month, I spent each day focusing on some aspect of quilting art. I learned many new things and ended up with a drawer full of UFOs. It's been almost 3 years now and it's time to see if I can do something with some of these fabric sketches. They are in varying states of completion. Some were actually 'finished' while others are fabric patches colored with PaintSticks.

Along with my Quiltober projects are quilts that I have been working on for years and just need some of my time. I do not have any illusions that I can finish one each day, but so far, I've gotten 4 finished. I will post them today and post again whenever I finish another.

Here's the first one I finished, a wholecloth shadow trapunto - quilting designs by Karen McTavish.

Blush - Wholecloth shadow trapunto

No comments:

Post a Comment